Wednesday, March 15, 2017

3/15

Other than the importance of the horseshoe, I have always been fascinated with how it is changed. This is also something that I want to mention in my magazine. I want to do a "how to" on changing the horseshoe and I want to show all of the parts of the horseshoe. I always thought it was something painful just because of the look of it, but ever since my dad explained to me that it doesn't hurt the horses, I want to explain to animal lovers the same thing.

The fitting of the horseshoe is conducted by a farrier, they are the ones responsible for placing shoes on the hooves.As I had a phone call with my dad earlier today, he taught me that it is important to trim the horseshoe every 6 weeks and foreign materials like rocks and sticks should be removed daily. A horseshoe has to be perfectly positioned, because a poorly positioned one could lead to slow circulation in areas of the leg.






















Williamson, Sarah, and WikiHow. "How to Shoe a Horse." WikiHow. WikiHow, 21 Mar. 2017. Web. 21 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment